autocad

The non-Revit Forum! eg Hobbies, sport, tech, news, music, cars, websites, etc

autocad

Postby monpakhi » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:11 am

Is it possible to learn AutoCad if you are not good at math and have minimal drawing skills? I am in sales and I am looking to change careers. A friend recommended I learn autocad. I am good with computers but I am not very good at math and I do not draw. There is a CAD school that I can attend at night. Is this something that is realistic for me to grasp?
monpakhi

Re: autocad

Postby Revit Zone » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:51 pm

monpakhi wrote:Is it possible to learn AutoCad if you are not good at math and have minimal drawing skills? I am in sales and I am looking to change careers. A friend recommended I learn autocad. I am good with computers but I am not very good at math and I do not draw. There is a CAD school that I can attend at night. Is this something that is realistic for me to grasp?

Hi there!

I've moved this to "Other Topics" as this is really a Revit Forum. But to answer your question- yes, I think virtually anyone can learn AutoCAD. My question to you is: The whole world is starting to go "BIM". Do you really want to be learing an outdated technology like AutoCAD? (NO OFFENCE to all the ACAD fans out there!). I think you'd be much better learning Revit- it will be a much better investment of your time, for the future. You are welcome to learn Revit here with us guys, if you so choose.

Regards,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Return to Other Topics