So how long has everybody been using Revit???

Whether you are new to Revit or an Old Hand, this is the place to introduce yourself and say Hi to fellow members.

Re: So how long has everybody been using Revit???

Postby nikdevlin » Fri May 22, 2015 9:07 am

When I say 'liking it' I mean of course 'liking it some days and tearing my hair out other days'! The job I'm on is only just Stage C, so a lot of what I'm doing is speculative and abortive, but I like the fact that I can use a lot of placeholders. It's an American project, so one thing I've found where Revit scores over MSTN is that it's waaaaay easier to use Imperial dims, grid, levels, building entities etc etc...
nikdevlin

Postby Revit Zone » Fri May 22, 2015 9:24 am

nikdevlin wrote:When I say 'liking it' I mean of course 'liking it some days and tearing my hair out other days'! The job I'm on is only just Stage C, so a lot of what I'm doing is speculative and abortive, but I like the fact that I can use a lot of placeholders. It's an American project, so one thing I've found where Revit scores over MSTN is that it's waaaaay easier to use Imperial dims, grid, levels, building entities etc etc...

Oh...... the old "tearing your hair out" stage of Revit!!!! Dont worry- you'll still have those days YEARS from now :roll:

Regards,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby puaa001 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:35 am

I've been using revit for 7 months and i'm still learning from here..
puaa001

Postby StephenH » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:05 am

A year and 2 months here :)
StephenH

Postby Revit Zone » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:12 am

Hi!!!!

I can't believe you guys are still using these (my) Forums!!!!! So pleased you are still finding value. I don't publish any new articles on Revit Zone anymore (from about 2.5 years ago)- all my new Revit stuff is posted over at BIMscape.com. I have active Forums there to. There's a commpletely free 84 part Revit Course for everyone who takes out a free account. This may be of interest to you guys.

Once again many thanks for your interest in Revit Zone and (potentially) in BIMscape.

Kind regards,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Social Area