Area of floor plates in conceptual mass family

Use this forum for the discussion of Revit Architecture's Conceptual Design Environment

Area of floor plates in conceptual mass family

Postby HJS » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:50 pm

Is it possible to have a dynamic display of the floor area of a conceptual mass family? I am playing around with different forms and need to be able to monitor the floor areas that I am creating, in real-time.
HJS

Re: Area of floor plates in conceptual mass family

Postby Revit Zone » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:30 pm

You aksed the question a LONG time ago- so you've probably found the answer by now but in case anyone else is wondering (or you havent sussed it yet ;) )- you just need to add Mass Floors and then there is a bespoke Schedule for these. Does that make sense? I can post some screen shots if needed.

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby HJS » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Thanks Ian, I've seen your reply now!

Yes, I have sorted the problem out now.
HJS

Postby classg » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:14 pm

Normal floor have this option. This floor was set up in the conceptual mass environment. The floor surfaces were divided, surface patterns were applied, and then replaced with curtain floor elements. These elements don't appear to be room bounding.Each floor plate is different and we need to be able to use the room tool in order to calculate area and volume.
classg

Return to Conceptual Design Environment